Download Dairy Project Report for Ten Number of Cows
Now a days young generations are getting attracted towards Dairy Farming Business as it provides an excellent opportunity for self employment of unemployment. It is also an important source of income generation to small/marginal farmers and agricultural labourers. Since agriculture is mostly seasonal, there is a possibility of finding employment throughout the year for many persons through dairy farming. Landless labourers. The white revolution of 70’s had made spectacular land marks in Indian milk production scenario. India is the largest milk producer of the world The increasing cost of feed ingredients and its seasonal variability can be reduced by undertaking fodder cultivation.This project report is based on following assumption:-
Entrepreneur must check the following points before starting a dairy farm.
- Availability of good quality dairy breed cows in nearby livestock market
- Nearness of the Farm to Veterinary Hospital, Artificial Insemination Center/livestock Aid Centers, MPCS
- Marketing facility of milk and milk product in the locality
- Availability of concentrates ,fodder & medicine in that locality.
- Before starting a dairy farm the entrepreneurs/ farmers are advised to undergo training on dairy farming. They can contact Local Animal Husbandry Department staffs/Veterinary College/agriculture University etc. for the purpose.
Government subsidy available for these types of project– Back ended capital subsidy 25% for general category (33.33% for SC/ST beneficiaries) is available under government of India scheme Dairy Entrepreneurship Development Scheme (DEDS). Subsidy ceiling is Rs150000/ for general category & Rs. 200,000 for ST/SC category for Dairy Farm with Ten animals. Farmer from Odisha can avail back ended capital subsidy 25% for general category (33.33% for SC/ST beneficiaries) under government of Odisha scheme Promotion Of Dairy Entrepreneurship (PDE).Subsidy ceiling is Rs150,000/ for general category & Rs166665/ for ST/SC category for dairy farm with 10 animals for PDE scheme.Odisha farmer can avail subsidy either under scheme PDE or DEDS.
Avail Bank loan and subsidy– In order to avail bank loan & subsidy under DEDS/PDE the entrepreneur/farmers are advised to contact local animal husbandry/veterinary officers. Animal resources development department is the facilitator deportment for above schemes.
This project report is based on following assumption:
1. Freshly calved indigenous dairy breed/ crossbred cows like RedSindhi/ Sahiwal/ Gir/ Rathi/ Crossbred Cows in 1st or 2nd lactation will be purchased in two batches of two animals each at an interval of 5 to 6 months.
2. Availability of 2 acre of irrigated land is prerequisite for the project
3. Cost of labour has not been taken into consideration since full time labour is not required for the small unit. Family labour will be utilised for maintenance of the dairy farm.
4. Fodder cultivation considered in 2 acre land ,Two crops considered per year.
5. Cow dung produced will be utilised as Manure for fodder cultivation.
6. Cost of rearing calves is not considered as it will be nullified by their sale value
7. In case of death cow new cow will be purchased from insurance claim money
8. The scheme is workable on the above guidelines if run by the dairy farmer on scientific lines.